HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone!
I originally wanted to do a holiday-specific strip for today, but as today got closer I decided against it. I feel like Changing of the Guard has been rolling along now and I just didn’t want to interrupt the flow. Besides, you guys have had all this awesome Trick-Or-Treat Fan Art to enjoy instead right? =o)
If you have a moment, please leave a comment and let me know your thoughts and feelings about this strip, the storyline, and the comic in general. It's always great to read your feedback positive or negative.
- We first learned about Mulveny's diner way back in TOACM #106 "Pretty Please" from 4/7/11.
- The diner Mulveny bought was originally called Roxy's Diner. Mulveny's late wife Gladys worked there as a waitress. They met and fell in love at that diner. It was always Gladys' dream to buy and restore the restaurant as a retirement project. After Mulveny was strong-armed to leave the ECPD, he bought the vacant diner and set about restoring it and renamed it after his late wife.
- CM and Gus were hidden from the ECPD by Mulveny in TOACM #152 "Tangled Up In Blue" from 3/7/2012.
- In panel 2, CM refers to his "tussle" in the park which occurred in TOACM #166 "Outlaw Blues" from 7/11/12.
- In panel 5, CM refers to Gus staging a hold-up. This event began back in TOACM #112 "Sniper" from 4/26/11. This event was also referred to more recently in TOACM #162 "Man on the Street" from 6/13/12.
That's all for today folks! I'd just like to say that personally I'm really excited for the next four strips/weeks in November as we cut deeper into the story.
Thanks for reading!